I have MOVED this Blog to JanetCallaway.com - CLICK HERE to join me there.


Monday, December 13, 2010

Information: Are you an Addict or a User? By Janet Callaway The Natural Networker



No doubt about it, we're in the information age. Everywhere you look information is readily available in whatever form you want. With the click of a button you can have print books, e-books, reader books, CDs, DVDs, webinars and audios delivered to you for free, for a great price or for an exorbitant price.




The important question to be answered is: “what do you do with the information?” If you put it away or merely glance at it as you are “seduced” to buy the “next promise,” it doesn't do you any good. For the information to give its value, it must be used.

An Addict is addicted to the buying process believing that possession of the information will somehow solve the problem. A User collects information with an end in mind and a definite plan for using the information.

Learning is great; putting it into action makes the difference.

Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.” Dr. Carl Sagan

So, which are you—An Addict or a User?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a user. I love information that can help me improve who I am or what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete