Though we've heard it said, “the fortune is in the follow-up,” sometimes it is hard to understand why we need to follow up so many times. When you take a look at the following statistics, you will quickly see why that statement is so true. Quite frankly, without consistent follow up, we have very little chance of success. With it, we can take control of our financial future.
· 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect
· 25% of sales people make a second contact and stop
· 12% of sales people only make three contacts and stop
· ONLY 10% of sales people make more than three contacts
· 2% of sales are made on the first contact
· 3% of sales are made on the second contact
· 5% of sales are made on the third contact
· 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
· 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact!
Since 80% of the sales are going to be made on the fith to twelth contact, focus on doing something to provide another contact/exposure every few days.